SAY NO TO STUDY SPARKZ!

Alexandria, Virginia 4 comments

Study Sparkz is the WORST Tutoring service EVER!!!! I am a current and soon to be former tutor with Study Sparkz and they are by far the worst group of people who put together a makeshift tutoring company. It is honestly a small group of Pakistani/Indian family that got together to make a tutoring program. Their online software and interface for tutors is elementary and remedial at best. They are extremely unprofessional in holding pay from tutors. They upcharge parents a premium for tutoring and allocate the bare minimum for tutors. I have worked with over 15 different families and clients with Study Sparkz and all have said they would like to work with me individually instead of dealing with the tyrant of a coordinator, Hadia Cheema, and incompetent finance manager, Jaber Syam. Take it from someone who has been tutoring for many years with almost every company you can think of. This is not the place to go or company to spend your money on. You're better off choosing anywhere else.

Sincerely,

Aware, Disgruntled and Dissatisfied Tutor

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of study sparkz tutoring service and associated monetary loss in the amount of $5000. Study Sparkz needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned study sparkz tutoring service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Study Sparkz. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Sylvan Learning Center.

Comments

I had a similar experience with these horrible group of people. If you are reading this please avoid them

Houston, Texas, United States #1184586

I have had the same experience as whoever posted this review. I've been working with Study Sparkz for over four months and they haven't paid me once.

Everytime I email or call them about it they either don't respond or say they have someone working on it.

I've had to contract a lawyer and we'll see if that motivates them to pay me. I doubt it will.

studysparkz
to Anonymous Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States #1197963
Study Sparkz Verified Representative

Hi,

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry about the issue. If you can send us an email to info@studysparkz.com, we will do what we can to find out what happened. Thank you.

studysparkz
Study Sparkz Verified Representative

Hi,

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear about your situation. Please be assured that this is not the way we treat our tutors. We have sent you a message and are working on resolving the issue as soon as possible.

View more comments

Study Sparkz - They keep their promise

Laurel, Maryland 0 comments
4.4
Additional Fees
Equipment Quality
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I went to Study Sparkz when my son was not reading at grade level a year ago. They promised me that in a year of consistent help, they will be able to turn that around.

They contacted his teachers and connected me to an Elementary school tutor, Melanie. I felt very good when tutor came prepared and always communicated with me and teachers to monitor his progress. Anytime, I felt he was not progressing fast enough, I could always discuss with them and they eased my anxiety because I needed to be patient.

It really made a big difference and he surpassed from KG reading level to 2nd grade.

I plan to use them again in the summer. Definitely use their teacher communication option, it really helps.

This reviewer shared experience about good quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). steph.adam.83 is overall satisfied with Study Sparkz. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Sylvan Learning Center that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Study Sparkz.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Education category for more informed decision or compare Study Sparkz to other companies on our site.

Study Sparkz - Great tutors

Ashburn, Virginia 0 comments
4.5

Our son's SAT score improved by 230 points (old scale) with his tutor at Study Sparkz. He is not particularly great at reading comprehension and the test focuses on that a lot more than the old days when vocab seemed to be the forte.

The tutor, Alan was very good at giving our son the skills needed to improve on the reading section of the test. The skills that he gained aren't just applicable for a short test, but are applicable for many skills down the road.

The SAT may be a "trending down" because more schools are claiming that they don't require students to take those tests. However, our son needed a bigger edge despite that fact that he was close to a straight A student. Now, he's going to his first choice school, the University of Virginia this fall. Without the higher SAT score, it's quite possible that our son may not have made the cut. Thanks!

This reviewer shared experience about good quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall satisfied with Study Sparkz. the best about study sparkz tutoring service from Study Sparkz was excellent customer service. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her for further discussion of this matter.

Study Sparkz - Simple Review #1460548948

Leesburg, Virginia 0 comments
4.4

Our son has been able to improve in algebra 2 class from a D to a B over the least three months. We thank Study Sparkz and his tutor for making his possible!

Reason of review: Good quality.

Study Sparkz - Excellent tutors and great followup service!

Mclean, Virginia 0 comments
5.0

We were looking for a tutor who could help out our son who is in 7th grade, he needed help with Algebra but we had some bad experiences with other freelance tutors, they would not show up, they would arrive late and were not a good match. When we contacted Study Sparkz, they told us about their matching program and the fact that they guarantee the tutor, meaning you can choose the tutor and get the tutor replaced if you don't like the tutor!

We decided to buy a package and Jason loves his tutor, they even had a meeting with Jason his teacher to figure out what the next steps would be in his learning progress. We recommend Study Sparkz for their great customer service and qualified tutors!

Reviewer is in happy mood. Study-Sparkz.Tutoring_1 is quite happy with easy to work with and great tutors. Please contact the author of this review to discuss good customer service of study sparkz math tutoring service. Study Sparkz needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned study sparkz math tutoring service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Study Sparkz. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Sylvan Learning Center.

Study Sparkz - Had great tutors!

Fairfax, Virginia 0 comments
5.0

I called them last year and got a person who gave me clear rates. After the consult, I got a tutor that my son loved! The tutor contacted my son's teacher and reviewed upcoming homework on the online blackboard. 3 months they called me and reviewed his progress.

I found them to be truthful and their tutor was excellent! Their online portal helped me understand what the tutor was accomplishing with my son, and understand the tutoring bill.

We are using them this year too now with a different tutor because the previous tutor couldn't do the Algebra my son needs help with this year.

All in all, great experience! I would recommend them.

This reviewer shared experience about good quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). studysparkz is overall satisfied with Study Sparkz. the best about study sparkz tutoring from Study Sparkz was great tutors. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her for further discussion of this matter.

Study Sparkz - Dishonest about pricing

New Hope, Pennsylvania 1 comment

Study Sparkz tutors in the Washington D.C./No. Virginia area misrepresent their services, overcharge and do not send suitable tutors. They do not give refunds back many times...check out all the Better Business Bureau complaints.

They promise many things ...I including raising grade point averages and helping a student get into the college of their choice...but really just empty promises which most times do not work out.

One poor woman had to keep contacting better business bureau and finally after a number of attempts received a check for $777.00 back for services never performed by Study Sparkz tutors.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Study Sparkz. The most disappointing about study sparkz education from Study Sparkz was misrepresent Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Comments

Study-Sparkz.Tutoring_1
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States #1140386

Dear customer

We are sorry to hear that you have faced these issues. If you would like to give us a call or further discuss this matter, we would be more than happy to look into this and address your concerns.

You can reach us at 703-666-8192 or at info@studysparkz.com.

We do want to include that we definitely have been raising the GPA of our current students and we have multiple customer testimonials showing that.

Our team is ready to help all of our current students with their college admission!

Study Sparkz always matches the right tutors with the right students, if the parents or student is not satisfied, we are more than happy to assign a new tutor to make sure that we have a perfect match! It is our guarantee towards the customers.

We look forward to hear from you and we would love to make sure you are satisfied.

Warm regards The Study Sparkz Team